The Marion's

The Marion's

Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer is almost over, I'm so sad!

We have had such an awesome summer.  I love being home with Ryan and the kids!  Ryan has already gone back to work, and I have been working on getting my new room ready.  Some of my awesome friends Lynsey and Kathryn have been helping me get ready.  I dont know how teaching 4th grade is going to go but I am very excited and VERY nervous. 

To end our summer we have been doing a lot of swimming.  Blake has become such a good swimmer I am so proud of him.  Here is a picture of Jacob, Kenedy, and Blake swimming at the pool in Killeen.
When I told the kids that this is the pool that I grew up swimming in, Kenedy said "wow this pool is old" 
Here the kids are with my Aunt Tencha.  The blond girl is my cousin Michelle's Daughter.  They were visiting from Vermont.  Kenedy really enjoyed meeting Emmalee! 

I thought I would include a picture of Debra and Tony cuz we dont get a whole lot of them.
Dont they look sweet.
Kenedy has a good friend named Bailey and her mom invited Kenedy, Blake and I to go fishing with her and her kids.  Ryan was at work and so was Belinda's husband (Bailey's mom) So it was just us moms and 6 kids.  (Belinda has 3 plus her son had a friend) I'm not really a outdoorsie kind a girl, so luckly the two older boys helped with the baiting of hooks.  Blake caught his very first fish ever, and Kenedy caught a fish too.  They both had a great time. (and so did I)

I realize the fish are hard to see they are small and blend into the picture but I swear they are on the hook.  Look at how excited their faces are. 
We also had the pleasure of keeping baby Troy for several days while Debra and Tony cleaned out rooms in their house.  He is so much fun and such a good baby.  I did forget how exausting it is to have babies around.  He really liked swimming with Blake and Kenedy and riding bikes with them at night.  Here he is playing with Gizmo in the front yard.
Blake and Kenedy have had such big summers.  Blake learned to swim and ride a bike with no training wheels.  (can you believe that he is only 4) and Kenedy went away for a whole week at camp without anyone and absolutely loved it, she cant wait to go again.  It seems like they both really grew up and became very independent this summer.  Blake will be starting school in 2 weeks and Kenedy will be in 3rd grade. While I am happy for them and know that things are going just as they should be my heart breaks a little too,  Soon they wont be little. 
Here is a last picture of them riding their bikes.  I'm sure the next post will be of the first day of school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment