First let me start by saying that I LOVE SUMMER! Okay with that out of the way lets get down to business. I guess we will start with The fact that Kenedy's Dance team qualified for nationals in Jazz and Ballet. So She was going to dance her Solo (jazz) on Wednesday and her group Jazz and Ballet on Saterday. Ryan and I thought this would be a great opportunity to take the kids to Dallas and do some things with them there. We invited Jacob (their cousin) to join us. So we will start with Day one Wednesday. Kenedy Danced her Solo in the morning, She received 3rd place in the Jazz category. She danced the best I've seen her do all season and Ryan and I are so proud of her! Then we were off to the hotel where the kids did some swimming and then we went to a Rangers game. This is where the pictures come in. In hotel before we left for the game:
Eating at the game
The kids enjoyed watching the game but really liked when we went down to the area with the kid games:
This is Jacob signing an autograph poster for one of the players who had broken a record. I'm sure that I was supposed to remember details of his name and what record he broke however I forgot. (I could ask Ryan so I looked like I knew what I was talking about but while I'm in here blogging, he is actually on the laptop takeing a test) (on a side note he is doing great in school and will be done in December!)
After games we looked in some of the shops, Kenedy and Jacob wanted the # 1 fan foam finger and Blake wanted a Ranger baseball. You would have thought we gave them a million dollars. They played for the rest of the night with this stuff. Here is a picture of them voting for us to head back to the hotel:
So Thursday we decided to go to Hurrican harbor. Everyone had a good time. Kenedy really got into the water slides and even rode A really big one (the Tornado) with Ryan.
Friday was a little different. Kenedy and I had reservations to have lunch at the American Girl doll store. We had never been and Kenedy was in Heaven. She spent $1000 (in her mind of course) within the first 5 minutes of being in that place. I have to admit it was an amazing place. Needless to say she picked out a few things that were with in reason and then we had lunch. Another unreal experience. They have highchairs at the table for your dolls. (The food was really good by the way)
While we shopped and had lunch Jacob decided he wanted to try Ice skating. So Ryan and the boys went to the Ice skating rink inside the Galeria. Ryan said by the end Jacob had gotten really good and could go fast. Blake did great for his first time as well and was finally able to go a little ways on his own with out crashing.
After these adventrues we all headed over to Medevil Times for Dinner and a Show. This turned out to be Blake and Jacob's favorite part of the vacation. (Kenedy's was the American Girl Doll Store)
This is outside of Medevil Times:
Kenedy Loved the fact that our knight (who won by the way) kissed a flower and threw it at.
Then of course On saterday Kenedy Danced her group #'s and did awesome they placed 2nd in both Ballet and Jazz. We headed home to wash clothes and pack Kenedy for Girl scout camp. She was so excited. I asked her if she was nervous and she looked at me like I had lost my mind and said NO! We left Sunday Morning to drop her off. When we got there We met up with her cousin Alli who is going to the same camp. The girls would have ditched up right then and there if we would have let them. We got them all checked in, walked them to there cabin, (Kenedy told us good bye again but I informed her I had 9 minutes till they made the parents leave and I was staying) I helped her make her bed, and she told Blake good-bye. This is the part where I started crying ( I hid it from Kenedy of course but it truely broke my heart) See for yourself:
I mean really is there anyone out there that did not tear up when you saw that? Blake told her He would Miss her. Then Kenedy looked at Ryan and I said Adios with a smile on her face and gave us a hug. I made her pose for one more picture on ther cabin steps:
I can not believe that she is big enough to go away for a week with out us. I know that she is going to have a great time. I keep you updated on how camp goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment