The Marion's

The Marion's

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Long busy week!

This week has been very busy yet I do not have a lot of pictures to show for it.  Monday Blake and Kenedy both decorated their own Christmas tree in their rooms.  We went to the store and they picked out the tree they wanted.  Kenedy chose a green one with no lights.  ( I tried to convince her to get a pre-lit but she had it in her mind what her tree would look like and it did not include lights)  Who am I to disagree, after all it is her tree.  She also chose all her own ornaments and put them on herself with no help. 


Blake on the other hand wanted a blue tree with lights.  He also wanted cars ornaments.  Well those suckers are $5 an ornament.  I tried to convince him that we could just buy the Hot Wheel size cars and tie some string around them and hang them on the tree but it was not even willing to consider it.  (take note that both of my children are strong willed and know exactly what they want.  Wonder where they get that from hmmmm)  So anyway I took him to the fabric department and showed him some Cars material.  I told him we could cut out each car and make an ornament.  He was sold!  So I cut out each one along with a backing, Sewed the sides together (if you know me you know that this means I hot glued the sides because I cant sew) and then Blake stuffed them full of batting and we attached a hook, and TA DAA  Blakes Tree:


Other exciting news in the Marion household is BULLDOGS WIN AGAIN!  We are headed to the State Championship Saterday!  WOW!  I'm so excited and ready for Rye and his team to win back to back State Champs, but I'm also ready to have him home again.  I'ts getting a little tiring with my school work, the kids activities, and just life in general.  We miss him and cant wait to have that Winning coach home again.
 Blake even though he is 3, is amazing interested in football.  He asks Ryan who we are playing each week and what Jersey we will be wearing.  (He does not like to hear that we are wearing the white one, he preferes the red), then he will spend the rest of the week saying bulldogs are going to beat the ___ fill in the blank with the other teams mascot.  He is obsessed with what the football players wear and how they do things.  He wants to be just like them.  I am always amazed at how he pays such close attention to details I would have never noticed!

The kids are fired up for Thursday.  Aunt Re comes and they cant wait.  Both of them ask me everyday how much longer.  Unfortunatly for Aunt Re they have a list of all the things they want to do with her. Including making gingerbread houses.  I hope she comes with lots of energy:)

We will be having Kenedy's 8th Birthday party on Sunday at the indoor waterpark in Tyler.  She wants a luau. sounds easy enough except try finding luau stuff in December.  I'm sure it will turn out fine but I'm a little stressed at the moment. 
Kenedy's First Gymnastics compitition is January 30th in Dallas.  She is getting excited and has been working hard.  I cant wait to post those pictures. 

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, LOVE the blog!! I feel like I can keep up even though we hardly get to see each other! Blake sounds like a hoot and Kenedy is a doll! Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete